[Uml-devel] Re: Umbrello design (was UML XML tree viewer)

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 6 22:15:05 UTC 2002

Andrew Sutton wrote:

>lets put it this way. in the design i'm working on, every metamodel must have
>the following:
>	- the metamodel implementation (libUML, libMOF)
>	- a reading intermediary (libUML_reader, libMOF_reader)
>	- a writing intermediary (libUML_writer, libMOF_writer)
>	- a GUI library (libUML_gui, libMOF_gui)
>
>its alot of work. but, it pays off. if you want to build a UML model, umbrello

Yes,  it's a lot of work, but it's no more work than if we put it all
into the UML:: classes :-) All that code will have top be code-generated
anyway (either by a codegen library or a human-kind of code-gen...)

Andrew: for your web-page at Kent, you could easily add the sentence
"best viewed with any browser ":-)

--Pascal