[Uml-devel] Update 28/5/02

Peeter Russak pezz at tkwcy.ee
Wed May 29 06:22:02 UTC 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Paul Hensgen wrote:

> The program has been concerted over to use the QCanvas class and it's
> associated classes.  The update flicker know gone and it will allow for some
> features to be added which weren't possible before.

Took a look at Paul's new code and must say that umltool looks visually
much better than before exept that border color and fill color are
switched so I get red classes with yellow associations on white background
by default:)

> The configure script in the cvs that gustavo uses doesn't work for me.  I
> have been using an old one.  I think that is the one in the DB branch.  I
> will check when I get home.

Which version of KDE do you use, Paul? KDE2 and KDE3 need different
automake and autocof tools and have different non-compatible files
in admin directory. It was decided here that we all develop for KDE3
and use autoconf-2.5x and automake 1.5 for makefiles generation.
Upgrading to new autoconf and automake should not affect any other
compilations. At the moment I (and probaly most of us) must replace
Paul's admin with newer one and enter make -f Makefile.cvs to get
good makefiles. I think it would be good to remove generated files
(configure, Makefile.in etc) from CVS repository at all as it is done
in KDE CVS because they don't have actual value and can be regenerated
with command make -f Makefile.cvs. If you all here agree with it I can
do removing work.

--
Peeter