[Uml-devel] Update 28/5/02

Paul Hensgen paul_hensgen at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 16:14:01 UTC 2002

Hi guys,

Some good and bad news for this update.

The bad news:

I had a hardware failure and lost three days of work on Sunday.  I'll have
to start backing up every day from now on.

The good news:

The program has been concerted over to use the QCanvas class and it's
associated classes.  The update flicker know gone and it will allow for some
features to be added which weren't possible before.

The notebox thought won't work as it needs the use of a QWidget class.  This
can be fixed later.

Due to my crash alot of code/bug fixes are lost.  I will redo these this
week.

Also changes to QCanvas has introduced a few things that need to be worked
on.  For instance I have had to write a messaging system for the widgets as
its not built into the QCanvasItem subclasses.  Some other buhs to that I am
chasing.  One on the seq. diagram is a show stopper only just found last
night.  will fix within an hour.

The Association Lines use a LinePath class to control a list of canvas items
to make up the lines.  It's final placement and parentage has not been
finalised.  At the moment it carries some redundant variables.  I will also
has the load/save code to this class today.  Lost that in the crash.

There are a few bugs I have introduced which I will be working on today.

I have noted your CVS branch comments.  Does someone want to take control of
release management?  I will do it, but I really like to code more.  Let me
know.

I have though added a 'DB' branch which all this new code has gone into.

Before you use it let me just check it has worked.  I created the branch
after updating from cvs (I think it got the changes), Let me take home the
code and make sure it compiles from cvs.  I will update the branch tommorrow
again.

A few other notes:

Is anyone else having problems with RedHat 7.3?  The compiler crashes on me
all the time.

The configure script in the cvs that gustavo uses doesn't work for me.  I
have been using an old one.  I think that is the one in the DB branch.  I
will check when I get home.

I will talk to you again tommorrow.

Paul.