[Uml-devel] Finished applying last patch

Gustavo Madrigal linux_news at nextphere.com
Tue May 7 09:57:05 UTC 2002

Everything I have is in cvs now.

With this patch I have fixed some bugs from previous patches.
I have replaced the Association class with CAssociationWidget, this new class
has bare support for non straight lines (to break a line double click on it
and then move one of the widgets).

I have changed the association's line click detection routine. Now every
association takes care of its related FloatingTexts (Multiplicity and Role)
without relaying on UMLView.

Every Association draws itself (Missing special line endinds for diferent
association types, the code from the old Association is there bu it is
commented out).

Right now Multiplicity and Role FloatingTexts get lost when moving an
association (I am working in this routine).

Also I need to update the documentation for each method in CAssociationWidget
specially the ones that handle positions on a Diagram.

The File Save feature is not working because I need to provide the new
asssociation class with a serialize method. I have changed the file version
from 4 to 5, this means we need to decide how to handle old file version
compatibility or portability. This is very important because the current
format will not support future features (a lot of them) and that means the
file format will change a lot. Probably it would be better to switch to an
XML file format.

I need to check if the Copy&Paste feature is working.

The Cut feature is missing, needs to be reimplemented inside the new
Copy&Paste Schema.

And so on ....

Regards,

P. Eng. Gustavo Madrigal
Technology Research Department Manager
Nextphere Corp.
	Are you ready for the Next Business Sphere?
http://www.nextphere.com
Cel: (506) 397-7640