[Uml-devel] Third patch applied!

Jonas Larsson jonas at larsson.eu.com
Sun May 5 12:58:02 UTC 2002

On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 14:15, Jonas Larsson wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 00:48, Gustavo Madrigal wrote:
> > P.D: Right now I can't test if the whole project compiles because I don't
> > have KDE3 (at least not yet, I am compiling it! ...it takes so long......)
>
> Your modifications compiled fine.
>
> I believe that it's good programming practice to make sure no warnings
> are issued and pass -Wall to the compiler. Sometimes warnings are
> harmless but if you have to many of those you miss the dangerous ones.
> Right now there are warnings about implicit casts in umlview.cpp and
> association.cpp (double->int). If the cast is intentional we should
> make the explicit. Also to turn on -Wall. I'll try to compile with -Wall
> and see what comes out.

Results from -Wall compilation of uml/uml.

umlview.cpp: In method `void UMLView::viewportDragEnterEvent
(QDragEnterEvent *)':
umlview.cpp:586: warning: `UMLObject *temp' might be used uninitialized
in this function

cclassimport.cpp: In method `UMLObject *CClassImport::createUMLObject
(QString, int)':
cclassimport.cpp:726: warning: control reaches end of non-void function

+ implicit casts double to int and some unused variables.

/ Jonas