[Uml-devel] Re: UML Future

Shaun Kelly shauntravel at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 7 20:37:02 UTC 2002

Hi Paul,

I would prefer the program to stay as a KDE only
application as I am keen to see it intergated into
KDevelop 3. Also, as others have stated there is
already a good Java UML tool called Argo/UML, what
avdantages would a Java version of this have over
Argo.

You could use Delphi/Kylix but there are fewer
developers who are familiar with that tool. You could
use GTK but first you should investiage the GNOME
program Dia, as it already is a great diagraming tool
and I think there is also a UML project for it which
is working on code generation etc.

I find one of the advantages of this UML program is
its KDE integration.

The idea of splitting the program up into GUI
idependant core with multiple GUI frameworks over the
top is a good one.

Cheers Shaun

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au
- Find yourself a bargain!