[Uml-devel] UML Future

Paul Hensgen paul_hensgen at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 6 21:22:01 UTC 2002

Hi guys,

I have been getting alot of request for the program to run under Windows.

I have been thinking of this myself due to the following reasons:

1) Alot of people use Windows.

2) Isn't really a good free UML editor that runs under Windows (that I know
of).

3) Have to use Windows myself.

4) Code needs a really good redesign as it was only designed for a small
University project to start with.

So I am wondering what you think the future of this program should be:

1) Keep going as it is. i.e. KDE only program.

2) Release 1.0.4. then convert to be QT only program and let anyone who
wants to use it on Windows buy QT. (Not really worth it)

3) Rewrite and Redesign (really needed) using a cross platform toolkit that
is available on all platforms (Windows/Linux). I was thinking of
Delphi/Klyix but Java could be used.

Please let me know asap if you want a say.

Thanks

Paul Hensgen.