[Uml-devel] Build Problems : solved (strange!!!)

Luis De la Parra lparrab at gmx.net
Tue Jul 2 00:39:35 UTC 2002

Hi all!
I got yesterday the CVS tarball that Pascal sent me (thanks!) and the one
Paul put in SF and took'em home to try them out, but got the same build
problems. I finally solved them, but it is pretty strange....

doing a dos2unix in classparser directory solved the errors for that part,
but I still had like 44 billion warnings regarding CRs in preprocessor
directives, and 3 errors so I still did not build.

doing dos2unix in all .h and .cpp files in uml and its subdirectories solved
all the warnings so now it was easy to find and fix(?) the errors. All 3
errors were the same: trying to compare 2 QPtrList for inequalty (which is not
defined). I made it compile by just changing it to test the pointers instead
of the lists themselves * BUT * I dont know who wrote that and I didnt take a
look in detail, so I dont know if you just wanted to compare the pointers, or
the contents of the list, in which case it has to be implemented manually (I
think)

the errors were.
operation.cpp:190: no match for `QPtrList & != QPtrList &'
concept.cpp:293: no match for `QPtrList & != QPtrList &'
concept.cpp:296: no match for `QPtrList & != QPtrList &'

which were in the source something like this:
if( m_OpsList != rhs.m_OpsList )
		return false;

changing m_XXXList to &m_XXXList solved it (or at least got it to compile)

Now.. the strange thing is, why you people with redhat dont have this
error??

and the second wierd thing is, how come you dont get any CR warnings
/errors, and why are these line terminators there? (are you paul uploading from a
windows machine?), and why redhat doesnt care and suse does (maybe the gcc in
redhat is modified to just treat CR-NL as a single NL??)

anyways, it builds clean for me now and everyone else seems to have no
problem, but I would recommend checking it out before any release or any other
cvs-tarball upload. (if you get CVS you should know what you are doing, but if
you go to the home page and download the sources there it is really frustating
getting so many build problems)

regards,

luis.

http://www.gmx.net