[Uml-devel] Re: Ada code generator for umbrello

Oliver Kellogg Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de
Wed Dec 18 20:32:02 UTC 2002

Hi Luis,

Thanks alot for your reply.

> Unfortunately I don't think Ada generation is going to make it into 1.1,

No problem, I'm not in a hurry.
The adawriter is now at the stage where it's starting to
generate usable code.

FYI I'm again appending a diff against umbrello-1.1rc1.
Please discard the first diff I sent (that was really just
to let you see where I'm going.)

I plan to have completed the Ada generator by January 6.
Things that still need work:
* Determination of imports (Ada "with" clauses)
* Support for UML packages

> This KInstance is comparable to KGlobal used by normal applications. It
>  allows
> you to find resource files (images, XML, sound etc.) belonging to the
> library.

Ah, I see.

> I dont know what SANS_KDE is (but I imagine it). but when I wrote that code I
> [...]

Yes. The SANS_KDE was just an experiment to see if it would be
possible to use the libcodegenerator in a non-KDE app, for example
a standalone UML/XMI parser/code generator command-line tool.
I've removed the SANS_KDE #ifdefs again.

Greetings to Mexico :)

Oliver