[Uml-devel] mini-patch for umbrello

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Sun Dec 15 09:29:04 UTC 2002

David Bishop <tech at bishop.dhs.org> [021214 19:04]:
> I'm very sorry, but I've just got too much going on to actually get this
> done.  My designer dialog is attached, if someone wants to do the grunt
> work of converting it over.  I tried to make everything have the same name
> and whatnot, to make it easy, and I also tried to do "the little stuff",
> like add key accels and *ta-da* Fixed the tab order!

I had a look at it and I found a problem I'm pretty sure where everything
fails. The current attribut dialog is derived from KDialogBase. Your ui
designed file is derived from QWidget. The difference is, that QWidget has
not the default buttons.

I changed the ui file to KDialogBase, but then the Designer isn't able
anymore to read the file. I don't know what to do now.

By the way: KDialogBase -> KDialog -> QDialog -> QWidget

The ui file gives us a UMLAttributeDialogBase class. Normally one would
derive a class UMLAttributDialog from it and add all extensions. But we are
still missing the 3 buttons. Maybe we could do multiple inheritance, so
deriving UMLAttributeDialog from UMLAttributeDialogBase and from
KDialogBase. But I don't know if this would work in the end, I'm not sure
about it.

I changed the ui file a little bit, so please use this file to go on
investigating this topic!

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954