[Uml-devel] mailing list / design documents

Ariya Hidayat ariya at kde.org
Sat Dec 7 01:15:01 UTC 2002

> I think it's not just the rendering. From what I understood, the diagrams
> are going to be stored as SVG (the model still needs to be saved as XMI, I
> suppose). (Will you get two files then?).

Hmm, then I'm confused. Why on earth you want to store diagrams in SVG while
XMI is already sufficient for that ? Beside, you will lose the structure with
SVG, unless of course by adding some extensions. SVG only defines graphics
entities, right ?
OTOH I can understand the possibility to export certain diagrams to SVG (same
goes for other formats: EPS, WMF, etc).