[Uml-devel] report

Luis De la Parra lparrab at gmx.net
Thu Aug 1 00:34:04 UTC 2002

> Hang on a minute, if != isn't defined the compiler knows to make it
> equivalent to ! and ==.  I think.

maybe your compiler does know how to make a != out of a == and a !, by
changing y != z to !(y==z) behind the scenes, but mine doesn't.

I've heard RH uses gcc 3.0, and SuSE is using 2.95.... so maybe that's why.
But Paul didnt get that error either, and I think he was on debian... do you
know what compiler they're using??  (just wondering if it's a compiler
version thing, or if that's a red hat problem)

luis

http://www.gmx.net