[Uml-devel] updated admin/ directory

Jonas Larsson jonas.larsson at netinsight.net
Mon Apr 29 03:15:03 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 04:01, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> I updated the admin directory and therefor the configure and other files
> for KDE 3.
>
> Spookily dialogues now seem to take a while to respond although I don't
> see/know if this is a result of admin/ changes.

I had a similar problem before your commit. It seems to have something
to do with timeouts ordered in uml.cpp. If I turn those off then the
dialoges becomes snappy again. What are those timeouts used for anyway?

> I'd be interested to know if it now works with KDE 2 (it probably won't).
I can't build at all. It complains that I don't have autoconf 2.5.

I belive someone really should take some time fixing the make system
and document/check all dependencies towards external packages/libraries.
Also, we need to get hold of the maintainer for the project
so new developers can be added to the project (me ;-). If this fails we
should consider hijacking the project and moving it elsewere. Not a
very nice thing to do but like this the project is stalling. I've seen
some discussions about a move to KDE cvs, any decisions?

/ JL