[Uml-devel] UML Modeller and KDE 3

Gustavo Madrigal gmadrigal at nextphere.com
Thu Apr 25 14:50:11 UTC 2002

Hi,

I am also doing some programming for the UML project.
I have been doing some copy and paste stuff plus adding none straight line
association support (to be submited), a better movement  algorithm for
FloatingTexts associated with associations(to be submited), also a friend of
mine has some patches for speeding up file loading and saving(to be
submited), also he is working on state and activity diagrams. I know some
other people have been working on other stuff but they have been very quite.

I also talked to Waldo Bastian (bastian at kde.org) about getting UML Object
Modeller inside KDE 3.1 and he said it would be nice, and two people from the
devel list <umbrello-devel at kde.org> answered positive about this
change. I have not heard anything from Paul Hensgen and I do not know if he
is going to keep working or not.

The following are some ideas that I have:

--Object Diagrams (priority),
--Deployment Diagrams (priority) Before implementing new diagrams we need to
	split the CUMLView class in several classes: one Parent class and one for
	each diagram type

--Complete existing diagrams to comply with UML v1.4

--Link parameter and attribute types to UMLObject (when possible)

--Add Documentation fields for Functions, Attributes and Function attributes

--Automatic Documentation generation (a friend of mine is planning something
in docbook)

-- XMI export

--Code generation, the people from dia2code have expressed interest in
providing some sort of support for this all we need is an XMI export feature.

--Switch file format to XML

--Change the ListView to support several views (association views, etc)

--Diagram Zoom

What do you think?

I would like to coordinate the uploading of my patches.
I also would like to discuse about the actual design because I think there
are some problems on it that we need to fix in order to incorporate new
features.

P. Eng. Gustavo Madrigal
Technology Research Department Manager
Nextphere Corp.
	Are you ready for the Next Business Sphere?
http://www.nextphere.com
Cel: (506) 397-7640