[Uml-devel] Usability

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Mon Nov 19 05:23:05 UTC 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 10:20:43AM +0900, P. Fleury wrote:
> I also have been looking in making uml a Koffice part, but I only got
> the documentation to make it a KPart. Making it a KPart should not be a
> too big task, and Kopart , well I don't know.
That would be very nice indeed. I know a bit about KOffice, and making it a
koffice part is not too hard (and yes, you can still run it stand alone, you
just need the koffice libs installed)
I would really like to see a total integration of an UML editor in the KOffice
suite :)
If you want more info, consider asking the koffice people at koffice at kde.org

> But it would be nice
> (currently the copy/paste works fine, but KWord can insert pictures only
> in float, so it appears at random places in the document and it is a bit
> a pain to fetch it and put it in the right position in the text. So it
> is not really a uml problem :-)
Just right click the image and click to make it non-floating by selecting
properties and unchecking the 'Frame is inline' in the Geometry tab. This
creates a frame you can position anywhere on the page by simply dragging it.

> Thanks for bringing us this tool. I have tried to use kivio, just to
> almost immediately switch back to uml. You would just need to support
> stylesheets, and you have your own kivio !

Agreed!

--
Thomas Zander                                            zander at earthling.net