moby games API key

list-tellico at legroom.net list-tellico at legroom.net
Mon Jan 2 07:18:51 GMT 2023

I got it working.  You need to set the API key in the MobyGames data
source properties (which is pretty obvious), but also provide the API
key as your username and /no/ password when prompted when performing
your first search.  No idea why you need to provide it both ways.

The biggest thing tripping me up was that something was caching the
incorrect credentials.  Never could figure out what - tried clearing
everything I could think of related to tellico and KDE's cookie
manager.  Even tried using strace to find every file tellico read from
in my home directory.  Nothing I did would get it to re-prompt me for
credentials (where I needed to enter the key the second time) until it
timed out or something a couple days later.

Robby - I'm obviously good now, but do you know what's caching those
credentials, and how to clear it?  My best guess would be qtwebengine,
but as mentioned previously deleting ./.local/share/tellico/QtWebEngine
seemed to do nothing.  Just curious more than anything else at this
point about what I missed.

Jared