More than one picture - games catalog

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Mar 23 01:14:45 GMT 2022

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 11:14 AM Jacek Marecki <spinek2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much!
> I'm still going to ask you for help. And sorry for my English :)
> Maybe I will start with what Tellico will be used for me.
> I would really like to print a pictorial catalog of old computer games.
> For each game would be visible cover and screenshot one or two,
> description of the game and platform and possibly other information.
> I have found that TheGamesDB is the best source for me, however,
> because of the speed of operation and the additional screenshots.
> Unfortunately, I can't link the extra field to the screenshots that
> appear in TheGamesDB. If it can't be linked, I'll of course fill it in
> manually.

By default, Tellico will not add additional images from TheGamesDB. I'll
see if I can add that in as an option. So for the moment, adding them
manually is the only option. You can drag them from a browser or file
explorer into Tellico's editor dialog, as a convenience.

> Now I will move on to a very important thing for me - printing the catalog.
> I noticed that the "Generate collection reports/Image list" function
> works very nicely. I can see there cover, description, title, comment.
> Unfortunately, I don't see any more manually added screenshots and I
> don't know where I can enable the view of e.g. platform or publisher
> etc.  In the "Generate collection reports/Image list" can I change the
> size of images, font size, font color etc.? If I can do this, please
> tell me where?

That particular report is setup to only show the first image for each
entry. If you export it as HTML, you can open the HTML file and edit the
font size, color, etc, but you'd have to be familiar with CSS to do so. It
would take some work to update it for multiple images. I might have some
time to do that - do you have an example somewhere of what you would want
it to look like?

The Column View report might also help you. It shows whichever columns you
currently have visible in the main view. So if you create another image
field, and then right-click in the column header to make that new field
visible, then the report will show both images.