moby games API key

Jared Breland list-tellico at legroom.net
Wed Dec 28 00:05:57 GMT 2022

how exactly do I configure tellico to access moby games?  I have an API
key, and I successfully used tellico to query moby games previously for
my entire collection.  However, I recently built a new computer, and
having trouble getting it working now.

I added my API key to the mobygames data source configuration page.
When trying to query for a game for the first time, tellico prompted me
for a username and password.  The prompt came from api.mobygames.com and
said something like "(no username)", so I just pasted the API key again
as the password.  Now I'm told "You must have an API key to use this
resource." every time I try to search.  I can't figure out how to make
it re-prompt me for credentials either to see if I entered that correctly.

Can anyone tell me how to get out of this current state (force it to
re-prompt for credentials), and what I /should/ provide when prompted?

--
Jared Breland
jbreland at legroom.net
https://www.legroom.net/