Source of imported disc data

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Thu Aug 18 01:45:57 BST 2022

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 10:17 PM J. Allen Crider <
software-eng at cridermcdowellfamily.com> wrote:

> I have finally hit on a process I prefer in part because I am ripping
> the CDs at the same time I add them to Tellico.  I first open the CD in
> either K3b or soundKonverter, make changes to the artist, title, and
> track information if I don't like the way it was included in cddb, and
> rip the CD to a directory.  I also scan the cover.  I then open the
> directory in Kid3 to add the genre (if I used K3b to rip the CD) and the
> scanned cover and possibly make other changes if I didn't get something
> right before I ripped the CD.  I then use "Import Audio File Metadata"
> in Tellico to add it to my database.  I still have to add the medium,
> label, and cover, but this has been working much better for me than
> anything else I've tried.  One thing that would be a nice improvement
> would be if Tellico could import the cover from the metadata when I have
> added it.

 How are you saving the cover in the metadata? Tellico does look for a
.directory file and reads the Icon field as the album cover, if all the
files in the directory belong to the same album. I'm curious if there's
another method that Tellico should check.