Manually adding tracks to albums

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Fri Apr 8 20:21:00 BST 2022

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 10:03 PM Jared <list-tellico at legroom.net> wrote:

> Is there a faster or more efficient way to add tracks not included in a
> source like discogs than fiddling with each cell manually?  Right now I
> have to right-click and add a new row for each track beyond 5, then
> copy/paste the title in each title cell one row at a time, then repeat for
> artist one row at a time, then repeat for length one row at a time.
>
> Is there some way to paste in multiple tracks at once in some way?  or
> dragon and drop in some way I'm not seeing?  or maybe import a tracklist
> from a text file or CSV?

Yeah, I recognize the pain there in what you're doing. To your last
question, yes, importing a CSV could make this easier. If you match the
album name and artist exactly, that's enough to do a clean merge. So for
example, if I wanted to add a 16th track, the CSV would look like this:

Album,Artist,Tracks
album name,artist,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;16th track

where in Tellico, you would File->Import CSV, change to "Merge Collection",
use ; as the table row delimiter, and click the "First Row Contains Field
Titles" option. That'll work but may be more effort that you want to make.
And I just noticed that the row delimiter character is not remembered in
the dialog, so I'll fix that, for ease of repeated use.

My other two thoughts are to add either/both a context menu command to add
multiple rows at once and/or having Tellico parse any pasted text as a CSV
and split columns accordingly.

Sorry I can't offer a better idea at the moment.