Multi-disc albums

J. Allen Crider software-eng at cridermcdowellfamily.com
Sat Oct 9 15:58:54 BST 2021

I haven't found any way to do what I think you are suggesting, but I
haven't looked.  If you wanted to list each disc as a separate album in
Tellico, I can think of at least two options.
1) You could duplicate the entry for however many disc are in the album.
  Then change the title of each entry to add the disc number, and remove
the tracks from the other disc(s).
2) Rather than using Musicbrainz, you could use "Import Audio CD
Data..." to import one disc at a time.  Then you would have a separate
entry for each disc.

I have a similar problem, but I've chosen a different approach.  If I
can find the album using "Internet Search...", I use that and simply add
a comment that tells how many discs are in the set.  But I have a lot of
albums that I can't find using "Internet Search...", so I use "Import
Audio CD Data..." most of the time.  I then insert blank rows at the
beginning of the track listing for the second disc (and any subsequent
discs), and then merge the entries.  I can then add the comment about
the number of discs in the merged entry.  If you wanted to add more
information to the comment, you could include which tracks are on which
disc (e.g. disc 1: tracks 1-12; disc 2: tracks 13-20, or something
similar; that is probably something I should have done but I didn't
think of it earlier).  One reason I've taken the approach I have is that
I am also ripping most of my collection as I add them to Tellico (using
K3b) and I rip all discs in a set to the same directory and then use
Kid3 to change the track numbers and file names so that it will be
easier to play the entire album in the correct order.

Allen Crider