Support request: "Tellico is unable to load the file" error message

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Tue Nov 30 02:19:26 GMT 2021

Hi Norm,

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 4:42 PM Norm Decelles <rosewood_arts at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have two important data files created with Tellico 3.3.1 in OpenSUSE
> 15.2 which has been running well.
>
> After reformatting and doing a fresh installation of OpenSUSE 15.3
> yesterday, I installed Tellico from the OpenSUSE repository with YAST.
> When trying to open either of my files I now receive the error message:
> "Tellico is unable to load the file"...followed by the name of my file.
> The Tellico version is now 3.3.4.
>
> I uninstalled 3.3.4, downloaded and attempted to install the older 3.3.1
> with Zypper, but OpenSUSE 15.3 insisted on re-installing 3.3.4 from the
> repositories.  Tellico 3.3.1 would not install on OpenSUSE 15.3.

Offhand, I can't think of any change between Tellico 3.3.1 and 3.3.4 that
would affect file loading. If the file isn't too large, you could email it
to me privately and I can take a look. There aren't any other warnings
about KDE libraries which may be out of sync or missing from the opensuse
upgrade, are there? No other KDE apps that have issues?

You could force install the older 3.3.1 version, but zypper probably
rightly recognizes some library mismatch there and won't allow it.