Scanning book ISBN numbers using Android phone

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Mon Mar 1 02:39:23 GMT 2021

Ditto for what Robby said.  As far as the computer is concerned, the bar code scanner is just another keyboard.  I have been using Tellico with a bar code scanner to read both ISBN from books and UPC codes from music media (CDs, cassettes, etc) for years.  There are no drivers to install and no programming required.  It "Just Works".

I think the big issue with scanning the codes on a phone would be finding a way to import the file into Tellico such that Tellico knows which code goes with which record.  It is probably easier to bring all the books to the computer, open each Tellico record and scan the code directly into the ISBN field.

--
Bill Gee