Scanning book ISBN numbers using Android phone

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Mar 1 02:16:29 GMT 2021

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 6:57 PM Alex Humberstone <
alex.m.humberstone at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to ask if could be possible to use a USB scanner like [1,2,3,4]
with Tellico.

> Or, maybe it could be possible to use an Android app like Barcode to PC
[5].
[...]
> [1] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXNM0Y1/
> [2] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FYXCCDQ/
> [3] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LE5VV1C/
> [4] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00406YZGK/

I would think any of those should work. Essentially, they read the barcodes
and enter it in your current window just as if a keyboard were typing it.

> [5] https://barcodetopc.com/

That one, I'm not sure about, but again, just generically, anyway you get
the barcode coming into Tellico as if it were a keyboard typing it, or if
you load it into a file, Tellico should be fine. If you get further along
and it doesn't seem to work that way, please follow-up and let me know of
any improvements or suggestions you have.