Questions / Feature requests for bib / pdf

Clément Aubert Clement.Aubert at math.cnrs.fr
Thu Aug 5 19:44:08 BST 2021

On 8/4/21 8:36 PM, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Robby!

Thanks for your answer.

> On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 10:43 AM Clément Aubert
> <Clement.Aubert at math.cnrs.fr <mailto:Clement.Aubert at math.cnrs.fr>> wrote:
>
>     - I understand that Tellico can handle string macros in bibtex files
>     (cf. for instance "4.4.7 Exporting Bibtex" in the doc). However, I
>     believe the only way of inserting those macros is "one by one", using
>     Collection -> Bibliography -> String Macros…
>     Is there any way of telling Tellico to fetch the macros in a .bib
>     file
>     containing lines like
>
>     @string{Aubert={Aubert, Clément}}
>
>     and to update them accordingly?
>

> Importing the .bib file should do that.

Indeed … sometimes.

Is this a good place to fill a bug report? I've had inconsistent
behavior, I believe, but further test is needed…

>     - Is there any way of "batch" importing multiple pdf in a
>     collection at
>     once?
>

> Drag them from Dolphin into the Tellico window.

I should have thought of that! (Actually, I tried, but there was a .dvi
in the batch that made everything crash, I believe).

Can you load pdf files from the command line, using e.g.

tellico my-document.pdf

? I've had crashes with all the files I've tried. I was hoping to do the
traversal of my folders using some macros and the command-line.

> I should really make the import dialog allow multiple selection.
That'd be nice!

> Robby
Thanks again,
Clément.

--
     Clément Aubert, Assistant Professor of Computer Science,
     School of Computer and Cyber Sciences, Augusta University,