Valid ISBN ?

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Thu Aug 5 01:32:05 BST 2021

Historically, ISBN values had 10 characters. To be consistent with EANs,
going forward 13 characters can be used, by using a 978 prefix and the old
10 digits (minus the last checksum characters). The 979 prefix is the other
"bookland" value. Until now, I hadn't actually known they were in
circulation yet.
https://www.isbn.org/about_ISBN_standard

Tellico should handle them appropriately (whether 10 or 13 characters) and
whether starting with 978 or 979. Let me know if it doesn't.

Robby