Converting A Database & Updating Information

Ann Hopkins molto.libri at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 18:49:16 BST 2020

I think I found enough workarounds to make it work.

Writing is hard for me because of vision problems.  It is best for me to list it out.  Sorry if it sounds abrupt.  I
actually am very grateful to find your program.  I am using  tellico on a Windows 10 Virtualbox and it works pretty
well.  I don't have all my old data, but I didn't really need some of it anyway.  I have transferred from 4 programs in
15 years, so I know the risks - still I want keep some of it or I would be very sad.  I was able to save all my
collected video image files links by massaging the data for which I am very grateful.

1)  Created a fake record and with a real title and fake data. Update functions with "overwrite selected" NOT CHECKED
never filled empty fields on the fake record.
2)  Because it was a conversion, I tried to recreate and make a correlation to existing fields.  My misunderstanding.  I
looked at the tellico.html files and I realized that importing data through IMDB etc.. using fixed field names to
populate the database.  I used a text editor to create a set of fields so they do not overwrite my old data.

I am now updating through IMDB the "CAST" field which I could not import.  I will have to manually transfer the
individual disks per title in boxed sets, but I can copy and past that in a new table field I created.

I used CSV to import.  I wish my vision was better, because I think I could have translated this better with an XSLT
transformation (Collectorz has a full XML export), but it was too difficult for me to learn that without taking too much
time. Online tutorials do not cover XML to XML with lists well.

Thanks for still supporting HTML export which is what I really wanted for backup purposes.

Ann