batch add

Jared list-tellico at legroom.net
Fri Jan 24 02:01:34 GMT 2020

something's really odd with the Update (as opposed to Search)
functionality.  After doing this a few more times, 30 seconds is
actually an /optimal/ time...  2-3 minutes waiting for one game is not
uncommon.

It also seems to be spamming API requests - I've had several instances
where Tellico simply stopped returning anything from MobyGames, whether
trying to update or search.  After a while it'd start working again....
until it stopped.  I finally tried poking at the API server from my
browser and got this response:

{
  "code": 429,
  "error": "Too many requests",
  "message": "Yikes, you've exceeded the max rate limit of 360
requests/hour. Your limit will be reset in 3 minutes."
}

I've successfully updated 8 games this run, with three no matches, and
then I ran into the above.  Somehow updating not even a dozen games
caused 360 requests.

Is Tellico maybe doing a search for a match, then also searching for all
details of all possible matches before it shows you the list of
choices?  That would somewhat explain the long delays and excessive
queries.  Is that intended behavior?

or am I perhaps doing something wrong?  I'd be happy to describe my full
process, but I'm basically just adding a bunch of games with
(essentially) just Title and Platform, then multi-selecting them and
selecting Update, MobyGames from the context menu.

--
Jared