batch add

Jared list-tellico at legroom.net
Sat Jan 18 22:56:22 GMT 2020

I ran into an odd issue when updating a new item from a data source.  It
seems to affect:

1. any game entered with just a title
2. multiple possible matches in the data source
3. running an update against mobygames

As an example, I created a new entry names Zool 2, a Jaguar game (among
other platforms).  When I update the entry against mobygames, it takes
about 30 seconds to return a list of matching games.  When updating a
list of new games, that adds up to an awful lot of time spent waiting on
search results.

Couple additional notes:

1. This is MUCH slower than searching for a game using the Internet
Search feature.  Not sure why the search behavior from the update
process would be so much slower.

2. Once the matching game/platform are selected, it completes the update
quickly, so this only seems to affect searching, not pulling data for a
particular game.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

--
Jared