building with QWebEngine

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Dec 14 01:22:43 GMT 2020

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a little notice that, by default, Tellico 3.4 will use
QWebEngine instead of KHTML, if available. I just checked that into the
master git branch.

Looking forward to Qt6 and KDE Frameworks 6, I'm trying to prepare Tellico
for that transition. With KHTML largely deprecated, as is QWebKit (and by
extension KWebKit), QWebEngine seems like the best option. But I recognize
that it's a big component to build, separately, and that Tellico definitely
does not need many bells and whistles in its HTML renderer. This shift to
using QWebEngine for now gives me a chance to work it in and see how well
it fits.

There's a USE_KHTML cmake flag that can be used to build with KHTML as
before.