Load data from IMDB / Moviemeter.nl

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Fri Jul 5 12:41:21 BST 2019

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 4:07 PM Mars <joyamars at yahoo.com> wrote:

> *Minor Bug:*
>
> I cannot get the function working to (auto) lookup data for movies on IMDB
> / Moviemeter.nl
>
> Is there some place i can cange the settings for retrieving data from
> these websites?

There aren't any setting to change, really. What version of Tellico are you
using? ARe you doing "Update Entry" or adding from the "Search Internet"
dialog?

> *Wish:*
> I would like to ba able to create an URL-field wich is partly filled...by
> adding the filmcode it must be a compete URL:
> Example -> standard fieldvalue = https://www.imdb.com/title/tt
> By adding just the movie value (979376)
> <https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979376> i would like to be able to make
> the URL complete
>
> "IMDB: 979376" results in "IMDB: 979376
> <https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979376>" (
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979376)

Create a new Simple Text field, call it IMDB. Then create a URL field, call
it IMDB Link, and check the "Use dervied value". In the value template box,
enter "https://www.imdb.com/title/tt%{IMDB}" without the quote marks. That
should do what you want. Whenever you put an ID number in the IMDB field,
the URL is automatically updated.