The @id counter

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Sep 24 01:27:43 BST 2018

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 4:31 PM Urban Planet
<urbanplanet.manticore at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I can see, the ID field is a field with a 'derived value' built with the string of characters @id.  I'd like to know more about its functionality:
>
> Can the user set options?  For example, a counter that begin with a given number, o a series of a countdown numbers....

Tellico assigns an id integer to every entry. If entries are deleted,
the ID values won't be contiguous. The ID field just exposes the
internal ID value to the user. The @ symbol indicates an internal
value.

> Are there more possiblities with the @-sign?  For example, something like @xx (not only @id)?

Derived fields can combine values from any field, but using
%{field-name} or %{field-title}. Coin collections, for example, use as
a title a combination of the year and mintmark of a coin. You can also
do some minimal selection from multiple values or number of
characters. See
https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-office/tellico/details.html#derived

Those capabilities aren't used very often. If you have suggestions for
expanding them, I'm be happy to hear them.