Filters persistence in the 'view'

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Fri Sep 21 01:18:55 BST 2018

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 7:47 AM Urban Planet
<urbanplanet.manticore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, we are a small theatrical association from Canary Islands that uses Tellico on a regular basis since more than a decade and we want to thank Stephenson for his good work.

Awesome!

> We use intensivily the option of saved filters.  When we select one of those filters and edit some value and press the 'Save Entry' button, the view return to the general list of entries, and we need to click again and again the filter to continue working with that filtered entries.
>
> Is there some way to configure Tellico so the 'view' keep the filter active?

Tellico selection behavior has been a bit instable at times, so I
definitely welcome feedback in the areas where it might behave in an
unexpected or inconsistent manner. First, what version are you using?
And second, can you walk me through exactly what you're doing? From
your description, I understand you
1) Have a collection with saved filters
2) Click one of those filters such that the detailed/column view is "filtered"
3) Then you double-click one of those entries to edit it ?
4) Clicking "Save Entry" then resets the filtered view ?

If that's the right order of events, I'm still trying to recreate it.
What I do see is that (with version 3.1.3) when I select an entry in
the filter view, the filtered view in the column list gets reset,
which is not what I would expect. I do need to fix that.

Thanks