Release version in Git.

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Mon Sep 17 11:45:29 BST 2018

On Mon, 2018-09-17 at 06:33 -0400, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 6:21 AM Raymond Martin <laseray at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I am directly using git to pull from the repository.
>
> I don't think I understand your question then. There's a 3.1 branch
> with a v3.1.3 tag in git. The master branch is where 3.2 will
> eventually come from but it's not the stable branch. I'm not sure
> what
> "v3.1.2-72-g4d89eab" refers to. In the 3.1 branch, I usually bump the
> internal Tellico version to include "+git" or something along those
> lines, but ti doesn't sound like that is what you're referring to.

It looks like the output of `git describe 4d89eab` (or just `git
describe` when HEAD is 4d89eab.

Seems like Raymond you need to switch from master to the 3.1 branch if
you want to track the 3.1.x stable series.

If you repo is missing bits (branches not up to date, tags missing etc)
perhaps a `git fetch origin` and/or a `git fetch origin --tags` will
help.

Ian.