Issue with HTML export

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Thu Sep 6 02:31:36 BST 2018

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 1:55 PM Bruno Cornec <bruno at victoria.frmug.org>
wrote:

> If I try from the CLI using the following command:
> $ qdbus org.kde.tellico /Tellico org.kde.tellico.exportHTML Disques.html
>
> I get the follwing error:
> Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply
> Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application
> did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
> the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
>
> Is there a way to extend the timeout value so I have no issue anymore ?
> Or any other tip to avoid that problem.

I don't know of anything off-hand, but I'll poke around.

> I also tried another approach which is:
>
> $ unzip -p Disques.tc | xsltproc  /usr/share/tellico/tellico2html.xsl - >
> Disques2.html
>
> Which this time works, but doesn't generate the fields I want (as only
> title is mentionned in the xsl file) and also doesn't generate the
> individual html files per CD as with the graphical interface (which asks
> questions. Looking at the code, it seems that based on the options
> chosen, more functions are called to generate the correct content, but
> is there a way to get the final .xsl file generated so we could reuse it
> directly, or is there another solution to that approach (that would be
> more effective and usable with cron as well :-)

There isn't a way to generate the individual HTML file with the
unzip/xsltproc approach. But, you can tweak the HTML file output itself,
though, passing --stringparam to the xsltproc command. Check the
tellico2html.xsl file for some available parameters, such as
 $ unzip -p Disques.tc tellico.xml | xsltproc  --stringparam column-names
'title artist' /usr/share/tellico/tellico2html.xsl - > Disques2.html

The column-names parameter is a space separated list of field names to use
for columns. You can set the grouping and sorting parameters,as well.