Feature Requests

J. Allen Crider software-eng at cridermcdowellfamily.com
Wed May 30 15:27:54 UTC 2018

Thanks for the information.  After a little more research, I installed
the packages Kdemultimedia, kdemultimedia-dev, kio-audiocd, and
kio-audiocd-dev.  I then rebuilt Tellico.  Now after entering the album
info in K3b I was able to import it in Tellico.

On 05/29/2018 08:40 PM, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 2:19 PM, J. Allen Crider
> <software-eng at cridermcdowellfamily.com
> <mailto:software-eng at cridermcdowellfamily.com>> wrote:
>
>     I've added over 2000 albums to my music collection in Tellico so far
>     and have a couple of ideas for features that I would like to see added.
>

> Thanks! I always appreciate hearing suggestions.
>
>     1.  I have a lot of multi-disc sets that I prefer to store as a
>     single album.  If I can find the album in MusicBrainz, it is often
>     the way I want it, but if I use "Import Audio CD Data...", the only
>     thing I've found that works is to import the first disc and then
>     manually add the tracks for all other discs.  A way to merge entries
>     to add all of the tracks from one album to another would be very useful.
>
> One workaround, albeit still inconvenient, would be to import the data
> from both discs as separate entries, then in the second disc, create
> empty rows in the track list matching the number of the tracks in disc
> 1. Then select disc 1 first, drag to select disc 2 (or shift-click),
> then right-click and select merge. If all the other properties match,
> then Tellico will merge the track list.

I'll give this a try the next time I'm ready to add a multi-disc album
not available at MusicBrainz.