Feature Requests

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed May 30 01:59:09 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 11:38 PM, J. Allen Crider <
software-eng at cridermcdowellfamily.com> wrote:

> I'm going to look at SoundKonverter, but I think it is unlikely to help me
> any.  Most of the time, if an import succeeds, it produces the same
> information as K3b.  Because K3b will use CD text, there are times when K3b
> finds information while Tellico will report no record found. Basically my
> experience has been that sometimes I have to enter all of the information
> manually while I don't have to enter as much in K3b. When an import is
> successful, I almost always have to make the same changes in both
> applications to clean up the data.  If both applications could use local
> data, I think it would only be necessary to make the changes once.

Tellico has the capability to read CD-text, if compiled with CDIO library
support.

> As far as I've been able to determine, MusicBrainz is the only source
> Tellico will search when doing an internet search, while import only
> searches CDDB.

Discogs and Amazon are also available. If you know of any other sources
with open APIs, please let me know. I try to keep this page up-to-date.
http://tellico-project.org/data-sources