Feature Requests

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Mon May 28 23:23:17 UTC 2018

My thoughts:

On item 1 - Ditto!!  I often will not do an "Import Audio CD" on a multi-CD
set.  Instead I do a search for it which often brings up a track list that
includes all disks.

On item 2 - I use SoundKonverter to rip CDs.  Its data source usually agrees
with Tellico.  I wind up having to go through most ripped music anyway to edit
tags.  The online databases have a LOT of noise in them.

A related feature ...  This may already be there.  It would be nice to have a
search order setting.  I would like to have Tellico search CD Text first, if
it is there, then local data, then MusicBrainz, then CDDB.

A new feature request - It would be nice to have reports that sort on multiple
criteria.  For example, the Group View list sorts first by artist name and
then by album title.  I would like an option to sort by artist name and then
by album release date.  For books that would be author name and then copyright
date.  It would be nice to have some way to add columns to a report.  I would
like the Group View of music albums to include the media format alongside the
album title.

Another new feature request - When I add an album by "Import Audio CD", often
the new entry is sorted in a way I do not expect.  It is common for it to be
sorted on artist's first name instead of last, or on the orchestra name
instead of composer, or something else.  There is no easy way to find new
entries, so I often spend ten or fifteen minutes trying to figure out where it
landed in the database.  It would be nice to have a way to display all new
entries, or at least to have the entry that was just imported be the
highlighted/selected entry.

--
Bill Gee