Recovery from disaster!

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Aug 27 02:33:47 BST 2018

Hey Peter,

Sorry not to have replied to you sooner.

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 5:45 PM Peter Mayes <peter at petermayes.org> wrote:

> I recently had a disaster. My backup scripting was supposed to be
> idiot-proof, but I clearly under-estimated myself! My Tellico files
> disappeared :-(
>
> However, I do have an HTML export from around a year ago, and I haven't
> acquired that many CDs since.
>
> I guess what I am thinking of doing is converting the output into CSV,
> and re-importing back into Tellico

That does seem like your best bet, unless you want to try to recreate the
Tellico XML directly.

> If anybody is mad enough to want to have a go themselves, most likely
> with a very small subset, my music collection can be found at
>
> http://petermayes.org/MUSIC/music_collection.html

Attached is an _extremely rough_ python script that might help or give you
a starting point. Run it in the directory where music_collection_files
resides with the single argument being the music_collection.html file name.
No guarantees, I hacked this up pretty quickly! I probably missed a few
edge cases.