tellico crashes immediately using debian 9.4 "stretch"

Mike Fugal mfugal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:16:58 UTC 2018

My favourite collection manager doesn't work with the new Debian 9.4.

I've tried two different installs (a netbook using the unofficial Live CD
with 3rd Party firmware) and a straight Debian 9.4 official amd64 DVD1.

Both systems crash immediately and won't let me file bug reports.

** Running "tellico" from konsole yields the following:
scotsman at liftlatt-e6440:~/Downloads$ tellico
tellico(4919)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "edit_undo" with
KXMLGUIFactory!
tellico(4919)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "edit_redo" with
KXMLGUIFactory!
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
Application may misbehave.
kbuildsycoca4 running...
KCrash: Application 'tellico' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
KCrash: Connect
sock_file=/home/scotsman/.kde/socket-liftlatt-e6440/kdeinit4__0

[1]+  Stopped                 tellico

QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
Application may misbehave.

[1]+  Stopped

** The bug reporting appears after each fail, but says there isn't enough
info to file a report.
I attempted to install the following to give it more info, but it made no
difference.

sudo apt-get install libqtgui4* libqtnetwork4-perl libqtxml4-perl

** >tellico --version yields:
Qt: 4.8.7
KDE Development Platform: 4.14.26
Tellico: 2.3.9

Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Mike F