Tellico Crash

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Jun 12 01:47:38 UTC 2017

On 06/10/2017 04:59 PM, JAMES IRVING wrote:
> Tellico version 2.3.11+git on KDE Environment Platform 4.14.16 running
> on Ubuntu MATE 16.04 displays warning "org.kde.klauncher not provided by
> any service" when opening Tellico, but Tellico seems to run once the
> warning is acknowledged.  Is there a way to prevent getting that
> warning?  Do I have some configuration setting messed up?

I'm not completely sure, that's something within the KDE environment
down at a lower level. As a check, you have kdeinit running? As far as
turning off the warning goes, nope, there's nothing within Tellico that
controls that.

> That installation of Tellico crashes when I select File > Open...  But
> double-click on a collection file in the file manager opens the
> collection - giving the warning about the klauncher.

I'm not sure about the crash. There's haven't been many changes within
the 2.3.x series lately. I'm not sure what might be causing a new crash.
Did you build and install this version on top of an existing installed
version of Tellico, by any chance?

> I am running three versions of Tellico on three computers (Ubuntu MATE
> 16.04 & Linux Mint 17.3).  The latest version of Tellico depends on a
> newer version of KDE than any of my computer operating systems currently
> have.  Will these OS's support the new KDE and new Tellico?

I'm not sure what the distribution plans are for making the KDE
Frameworks environment available. You'll probably need to ask within the
message boards or mailing list support for those directly.