[Tellico-users] Several Issues

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sun Jan 3 21:30:38 UTC 2016

On 01/03/2016 04:02 PM, Bill Gee wrote:

> I am assuming that both Peter and I are using the same package. We are
> both on Fedora 23 and both on the same version of Tellico. It seems a
> reasonable assumption that Peter did the same as I, which is to install
> Tellico by using the package out of the Fedora repository. Hopefully he
> will see this and let us know whether my assumption is correct.

Right. Like I said, I can't think of a technical reason right now that
would cause it to be disabled for you but not Peter, if you're both
using the same package.

I see a changelog listing in the fedora packagin that seems to say that
it is intended to compile against KCDDB
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/tellico.git/commit/?h=f23&id=20bff0647d38c2ca539d628029816de5b8c456e2

But looking in the compile logs for the Tellico RPM, KDEMultimedia is
not found, so KCDDB support is not included.
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/tellico/2.3.10/3.fc23/data/logs/i686/build.log

> Is it possible for you to get an SACD Hybrid disk? Preferably something
> from Pentatone since they are the only ones I ever tried. When I was
> trying them, they would always cause a crash. It was 100% reproducible.

The version of Tellico that will be released for the KDE Plasma 5
desktop (Frameworks 5) has switched to using libdiscid instead of
internal code for reading the disc contents. It's possible that that
will fix that crash.