[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.9.91 Released ("3.0 beta1")

Regis Boudin regis at boudin.name
Sat Apr 9 19:03:28 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

Just got back from a trip abroad and built and run it.

On 07/04/16 01:37, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On 04/06/2016 06:45 AM, Rutger van Sleen wrote:
>> Next step, compiling. This isn't mentioned in the docs, but I recommend
>> that you use the '-j' option to let 'make' use of all cores that your
>> CPU has (see `man make`).
>>
>> It got to: [ 98%] Linking CXX executable tellico
>>> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KHtml.so.5.16.0:
>>>    undefined reference to symbol 'uncompress'
>>> //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1: error adding symbols:
>>>    DSO missing from command line
>>> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
>> And that's where I got stuck...
>
> Just from that error, it sounds like a dependency on libz wasn't
> included in the linking or perhaps it was out of order, in a sense.  I'm
> not sure how to track that down, exactly. I've been compiling on various
> versions of Frameworks, though I admit I do have 5.20 installed right
> now. From the message, you're using 5.16. I wonder if it's something
> that might be fixed already somewhere...

As far as I see, it builds and runs fine with 5.16 on Debian unstable.
I'm attaching the new debian directory to replace the one from the
original tarball for those who might want to build packages.

I currently have some issue preventing me from uploading packages in
Debian ; but once it is sorted out I will start uploading the Tellico 3
branch to experimental.

Regis