[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.9.91 Released ("3.0 beta1")
Rutger van Sleen
djslash at djslash.org
Wed Apr 6 10:45:27 UTC 2016
I am using a Debian testing system with XFCE as my desktop environment.
There were a few things I needed to do before I could compile Tellico
from scratch. I do compile other (QT) stuff from time to time, so there
might be extra things needed on other systems. Below is my journey in
case it might benefit others.
First I installed the required libs from
as mentioned in the COMPILING file. Note that this should probably be
updated to QT/KDE5 after version 3 has been released.
First thing I got was:
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (find_package):
> Could not find a package configuration file provided by "ECM"
> (requested version 1.3.0) with any of the following names:
This was solved by installing the package 'extra-cmake-modules' (I was
first confused by thinking I needed package 'ecm', that happens to be on
Next error was solved by installing qtbase5-dev:
> Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5"
> (requested version 5.3.0)
Then I got a bunch of KF5 things, that I don't even going to paste here.
:p I just guessed the package names and installed them.
> $ sudo aptitude install libkf5archive-dev libkf5codecs-dev \
> libkf5configwidgets-dev libkf5config-dev libkf5coreaddons-dev \
> libkf5crash-dev libkf5guiaddons-dev libkf5i18n-dev \
> libkf5iconthemes-dev libkf5jobwidgets-dev \
> libkf5kdelibs4support-dev libkf5solid-dev libkf5wallet-dev \
Originally I also included "libkf5doctools-dev libkf5kio-dev
libkf5widgetaddons-dev", but those weren't recognized. But with the
above, all necessary stuff got installed and CMake didn't stop with
Eventually I got:
> -- Generating done
Next step, compiling. This isn't mentioned in the docs, but I recommend
that you use the '-j' option to let 'make' use of all cores that your
CPU has (see `man make`).
It got to: [ 98%] Linking CXX executable tellico
> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KHtml.so.5.16.0:
> undefined reference to symbol 'uncompress'
> //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1: error adding symbols:
> DSO missing from command line
> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
And that's where I got stuck...
More information about the tellico-users