[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.9.91 Released ("3.0 beta1")

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Apr 6 01:49:46 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I pulled together a beta release for Tellico version 3.0, which has been
updated to use Qt5 and KDE Frameworks 5. The version number is 2.9.91 in
the source, but I'm thinking of it as "3.0-beta1".

http://tellico-project.org/files/tellico-2.9.91.tar.gz

The release mechanism has changed, along with a significant amount of
the CMake code used for building. Everything seems to work on the KDE CI
site, so I'm relatively sure it's buildable, but I'm looking for
feedback from anyone who is familiar with compiling and who can handle
beta versions.

As always, back up your data files, including images. Configuration
information is automatically migrated from ~/.kde/share/apps/tellico to
~/.local/share/tellico (unless you're setting a different location
through the XDG* variables).

Along with the change in platform version, other updates include:
* Removed the defunct Yahoo! data source
* Removed the defunct Citebase fetcher
* Removed the PilotDB exporter (!)
* Added support for user-defined SRU queries
* Switched to use libdiscid for reading audio CD info
* Updated the internal libcsv version to 3.0.3
* Changed UI to include switchable view between icons and detailed list