[Tellico-users] Dutch National Library (Koninklijke Bibliotheek), SRU

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Sep 23 02:29:32 UTC 2015

On 09/14/2015 03:23 AM, Rutger van Sleen wrote:
> I'm a Dutch user of Tellico and I'd like to use the Dutch National
> Library's data service to add books.
> https://www.kb.nl/en/resources-research-guides/data-services-apis
>
> Unfortunately, their SRU service (http://jsru.kb.nl/sru) doesn't behave
> as Tellico expects it to be. First of all, it want's to know what
> database is referred through 'x-collection' variable. Second, the query
> variable seems to expect other parameters then the usual 'dc.title' etc.
>
> This is a thread on librarything about KB's SRU service, that might give
> some insight about it's usage.
> https://www.librarything.com/topic/136014
>
> Is it possible to get this database as a source for Tellico?

I've got a fix checked in for Tellico that works slightly better with
the KB SRU service. At least, it allow specifying the SRU path with the
addition x-collection and x-fields parameters and reads the response,
including title, ISBN, publisher and date.

I'll have that in the next (maybe last) release of the stable 2.3.x
series for KDE4. I can make more extensive fixes for the next release of
Tellico for the new KDE Frameworks 5.