[Tellico-users] Import audio CD data no longer works

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Wed Nov 12 20:44:10 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 21:17:54 Regis Boudin wrote:
> On 12/11/14 00:05, Bill Gee wrote:
> > On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 06:52:11 Robby Stephenson wrote:

> >> Like Bruno mentioned, the menu item is greyed-out if Tellico is not
> >> compiled with support for reading CDs. That's almost certainly what
> >> happened, so it would be something to raise with the Fedora packagers.
> >>
> >> Robby
> >
> > Hi Robby -
> >
> > I posted a question on FedoraForum.org asking how to contact the packager.
> > One person replied with a suggestion that Tellico requires a non-free
> > codec to implement this function and therefore it was left out of the
> > Fedora package. I don't think that is the case, and I replied to that
> > effect.
> >
> > The two libraries you mention are not present on my system.  I did a "yum
> > whatprovides" on them and got back a nul response.  Yum does not know of
> > any package that provides those two libraries.  Would they have some
> > other name in Fedora?
>
> Hi,
>
> These libraries are build from the kdemultimedia source package, so you
> want to look at the kdemultimedia-libs package, and probably
> kdemultimedia-devel to compile tellico with the feature.
>
> HTH,
> Regis

Hi Regis -

I did a bit more poking and confirmed that my system already has the two
libraries installed.

==============
$ rpm -qa | grep libkc
libkcompactdisc-4.14.2-1.fc20.x86_64
libkcddb-4.14.2-1.fc20.x86_64
$

I went to the RedHat bugzilla site and found no open bugs on Tellico.  Filing
a new bug report requires getting Yet Another Website Account.  I already have
hundreds of them.  I'm not going to get another just for this.

CDDB is not worth the effort.  It has more bad data than good.  Even when it
was working, I found that I had to correct much of what Tellico grabbed, and I
had to add much that is not even in CDDB.

Perhaps the next package revision will have it fixed.

Thanks - Bill Gee