[Tellico-users] Import audio CD data no longer works

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Tue Nov 11 23:05:55 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 06:52:11 Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Bruno Cornec <bruno at victoria.frmug.org>
wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 08:32:21AM -0600, Bill Gee wrote:
> >> After upgrading to Tellico 2.3.9 I can no longer use the menu option for
> >> "Import Audio CD Data".  The menu option is grey.
> >
> > When it happened to me it was because I had missed some deps when
> > building tellico. Typically, on Mageia I added the following
> > requirements:
> >
> > libkcddb4
> > libkcompactdisc4
> >
> > It seems that some libs are dynamically loaded and are not necessarily
> > detected by the autmatic dep management of the distros.
>
> Like Bruno mentioned, the menu item is greyed-out if Tellico is not
> compiled with support for reading CDs. That's almost certainly what
> happened, so it would be something to raise with the Fedora packagers.
>
> Robby

Hi Robby -

I posted a question on FedoraForum.org asking how to contact the packager.
One person replied with a suggestion that Tellico requires a non-free codec to
implement this function and therefore it was left out of the Fedora package.
I don't think that is the case, and I replied to that effect.

The two libraries you mention are not present on my system.  I did a "yum
whatprovides" on them and got back a nul response.  Yum does not know of any
package that provides those two libraries.  Would they have some other name in
Fedora?

Thanks - Bill Gee