[Tellico-users] Features suggestion

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Jan 15 03:52:44 UTC 2014

On 01/14/2014 12:04 AM, Robert Waldner wrote:
> Hmm, the only point where Tellico is noticably slow for me is at
>   startup (collection of ~2k books, most with front-cover images) - if
>   I have the front-cover column visible, it takes about 2 minutes from
>   starting until they're displayed:
> real    2m0.283s
> user    1m30.360s
> sys     0m1.996s
>
> *If* that time is spent creating thumbnails, caching those on disk
>   might speed up startup significantly.

What setting for image storage are you using? In the Configuration
options, the "Store images in data file" option is certainly much slower
than the other two options. Tellico essentially has to unzip and write
out all the images every time you open it.

If you store the images either in the common directory
(~/.kde/share/apps/tellico/data/) or in a directory specific to the data
file (with a -data extensionn), showing the images in a column will be
much faster, I expect.