[Tellico-users] feature request

Michael Jahn jahn.michael87 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 18:26:05 UTC 2013

Hi Robby

Robby Stephenson <robby-9lFPeden07UgsBAKwltoeQ at public.gmane.org> writes:
> On 10/03/2013 08:34 AM, Michael Jahn wrote:
>> 1. long title names (> 255 chars) can't be exported (to html) on the
>>     most filesystems
>
> Ah, so the exporter should truncate long file names? That makes sense.

Yep, it's more a bug report than a feature request. :-)

>> 2. if the authors name (nickname or name with non-ascii chars
>>     e.g. japanese name) is enclosed in brakets, then they should be
>>     ignored for sorting in the group-view
>
> Ignored for sorting in what sense? You mean if an author has a
> nickname in brackets, then the grouping should ignore it and look for
> other entries with that same author, but no nickname?

E.g. the author is "Haruki Murakami (春樹·村上)", so it would be sorted
as "(春樹·村上), Haruki Murakami" instead of "Murakami, Haruki". But it
should be IMO in an alphabetical order.

>> 3. a duplication finder or compare ability for filters would be fine
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here.

I have cataloged several books of the same kind (identical ISBN and/or
title), but have no internal function to filter (out) all the
duplicates. Am I wrong?
So it would be nice to have such a function.

>> 4. next/prev buttons in the "edit entry" window would be fine too
>
> :) Yup, that's been an existing request for a while. The tricky part
> is thinking about what "Next/Prev" means. Next entry in the group
> view? Next in the column view? I think that issue makes it difficult
> to implement in a meaningful way.

Maybe both? With two different arrow symbols?

Micha